Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

Dear Family,

Thanks for your e-mail it sounds like everything has been going super well back home. 

This last week however has been just amazing. We did switch apartments but our new apartment is super nice. At the beginning of the week there was also a small typhoon but it wasn`t too bad so we still got to go out and work. Its funny the people here are so used to typhoons that if its weak it is just like any other normal day. 

Even though this week was busy with the move and typhoon we still had many great experiences. We met with many of our investigators. Most of them really opened up and some showed a lot of interest in learning more about the church. The big miracle however is that a couple of youth from part member families went to an EFY activity a couple of weeks ago. When they returned they both had a strong desire to be baptized.  This last week we have been working closely with them so that they can be baptized in the upcoming weeks.

The people in Miyako are honestly being prepared to accept the gospel. This next week we expect to become a four man apartment and the week after that some volunteer missionaries from the stake should be coming down as well. A few days ago I got a call from Pres. Gustafson giving us a special assignment and he has some great plans for this area. I know that the Lord is hastening His work. 

I`m so grateful to be able to see how Heavenly Father works with all of His children. This last week I also got a call from the assistants telling me about when I`m going home. I`m not going to say the date because I don`t want to think about it. But it made me realize that I have been out for 18 months already. It is crazy how fast time flies especially when you're having a good time. I`ll keep doing my best and love serving the Lord. I love you all and am grateful for all of your prayers.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

P.S. Today we have our transfer calls. All let you know what happens next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment