Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013

Dear Family,

Thanks for the e-mail it sounds like everything is going really well and that you are having a good time. As for here it has been a pretty good last few days. 

For zone conference we went up to the island of Okinawa which has two different zones there. One half of the island is the zone I was in before and the other half is the zone I`m in now. My zone consists of 12 elders and 5 sisters. Everyone in my zone is on the island of Okinawa except my district we are all on three different small islands. 

Zone conference was a lot of fun and I learned so many different things. We talked quite a bit about faith and if we exercise that faith how it will help us in our missionary work. We also read some scriptures in Ether 12 which is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. We also talked about accountability and the Doctrine of Christ. It was a very spiritual and uplifting conference. 

While I was there I got to see some of my previous companions. It was amazing to see how much they have grown and become the missionaries that they now are. I was just super happy to see that they were all doing really well. Right after the conference we had to go as fast as we could to the airport to catch our plane we were lucky to make it with just a few minutes to spare.So that was a little bit of an adventure. 

Thanks for all of your prayers. I love you all so very much.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment