Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, September 2, 2013

September 1, 2013


Dear Family,

Well there is no surprise but yes my new companion is Elder Jameson right from the MTC. He is has great faith and a strong desire to do the work. I`m sure that we will have an amazing transfer. If I remember right he actually entered the MTC the same day as Joshua. 

I have now been on Miyakojima for about 3 months. It has been a really fun area so far. We spend most of our p-days playing ping pong because it is mainly too hot outside to do anything else. I have actually been getting pretty good except for the fact that Elder Nara (Elder Nakabe`s new bean) has played for 12 years so it is impossible to beat him. 
Also typhoon season is pretty long but the most typhoons come in during september I think. 

Things however have been going really well the past few days. Elder Jameson and I saw a lot of miracles in these past couple of days. We went to visit a lot of investigators who ended up not being home so we did finding around those areas. The miracles were that there were people in those areas being prepared to hear the gospel. We found so many people that seem interested in learning more. It is really exciting and I`m excited to work with them. 

I think I`ll mention how a couple of them have been prepared. One was a man who met missionaries ten years before and liked Christianity so he sent his kids to a Catholic Preschool. Another had a friend in college who introduced him to the Book of Mormon but never got a chance to actually read one. I know that the Spirit leads us to where we need to go and helps us know what to say.  

I love this work and I know that the Lord is pushing it forward. I love you all so very much.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

P.S. I also had my first experience at a Japanese hospital because I actually had a pretty bad hangnail. Although now things are all taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment