Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15, 2013

Dear Family,

Thanks for the e-mail I haven`t been in touch with too many friends recently. Except for Mikey who sounds like he is doing great. I`m glad to hear about how well Kyle and Braden are doing as well. In fact something interesting happened the other day. A member from Okinawa came down and when he met me asked if I had an older brother who served in Sapporo. Daniel would probably remember him as Fukuyama Chourou. He was a bean and Daniel was his zone leader. I asked if he knew Braden as well and he told me that he was Braden`s zone leader when Braden first came into the mission. It really is funny to have small connections like that and I`m sure it will be a lot of fun to speak in Japanese when we get back. 

As for this last week we spent a good amount of time finding and found a large number of new investigators. As a district we found 12 new investigators and also have a lot of really good potential investigators. It has been so much fun with another set of Elders.  We actually have been seeing some great success and with it being such a small island I`m surprised that we don`t run into each other that often. 

This last week a couple from the stake presidency came down to help us with our work. They will be leaving in a few days but after that a couple missionary is coming down. I`m super excited to be working with them and to have their help. I feel like the mission is really trying to strengthen the smaller branches so they`re sending in as much help as they can. We have been doing our best to work with the members and branch president. I believe that the work here is just going to keep accelerating faster and faster. 

I love every minute out here and hope that we will be able to help some of God`s children. I love you all so very much.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment