Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

September 8, 2013

Dear Family,

Well it sounds like it has been a good week back home. I enjoyed the pictures that Bryce sent to Joshua and me.  It is so fun to look back on how we were back then. 

To answer some of your questions, the hospital was actually really nice and to fix my toenail they had to cut off a portion. It wasn`t bad even though I`m not very good with medical stuff. After that it was just taking the medicine which I finish taking today. 

Miyakojima definitely is a vacation spot.  I have met a couple people that have come for travel. I think it depends on the time of year because there haven`t been a lot tourists yet.

This last week has been great.  We have been meeting and finding some great people to start teaching.  A lot have a hard time understanding because not very many people know anything about God or Jesus Christ.  We have been talking to people a lot about Heavenly Father`s love for all of us. Everything seems to be working out super well.

We also had 19 people at church the other day which is the most I have seen so far. That kind of gives you an idea of how small our branch is but all of the members have strong testimonies. 

Well I love you all so much and hope you have another great week.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

P.S. Some people have been saying Elder Jameson and I look a lot alike. My previous companion also said I look like Brad Pitt. I think Daniel had someone tell him the say thing.


Note from Gayleen:
This is the picture that Bryce found and sent to Joseph and Joshua.  It was taken while Bryce was on his mission to Peru (2004 to 2006).  They asked me to take the picture and send it to their big brother on his mission so he could see how much they looked like missionaries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment