Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January 7, 2013

Dear Family,

Well like I told you in my last e-mail I got transferred to Saijo. Its a city in east Hiroshima with a lot of mountains around. I also have two new companions Elder Yamanashi and Elder Liddle. They are both really great people.

Well this last week has been a lot of fun and I had some pretty neat experiences. The thing that stands out to me the most about this last week is the things that I have learned. I love studying the scriptures. Study in the morning really helps guide me in what to do. I really appreciate what you said in your e-mail. The thing that I've learned about is Heavenly Father's love for each of us and how we should love Him.

This week we listened to Elder Holland's talk from last general conference and it is an amzing talk. After listening to the talk the things that I had been studying could easily relate to it. As we come to truly understand the Atonement and other important principles of the gospel our love for God grows. As that love grows our desire to share His loving message should increase also. That is why we are called to feed His sheep. It honestly comes from an understanding and love for our Heavenly Father who loves all of us and our fellow brothers and sisters. I love Him and pray that my love for Him might only increase as time goes on. I know the best way to show that love is by obedience to the commandments and sharing the gospel. I hope that we all might be able to have a greater love for those who are around us everyday for they are all everyone of them a son or daughter of our Father in Heaven. I love you all so very much and pray for you everyday!

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment