Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

January 1, 2013

Dear Family,

Happy New Years! It was great talking to all of you on Christmas and I'm glad everyone is feeling better. Well I'm sorry this e-mail is going to be really short because we don't have a lot of time.

Well it is now the beginning of a brand new year with a lot to look forward to. New years in Japan is really big and everyone is always super busy but the members have been helping us celebrate by eating with dinner with them. The members here are amazing people.

Well today was also the day we got transfer calls. Surprisingly I'm getting transferred it was the last thing I was expecting. However I am staying in the same zone and the same stake. My next area is Saijyo which is still in Hiroshima. There also is not a church there yet so we we'll have to travel out of our area for church every week. Hopefully we will be able to start a branch. My new companion is going to be Elder Yamanashi. He is a super tall and nice Japanese guy that I'm extremely excited to work with. Well time really is flying by super fast. I love you all very much and wish you the best with the new year.

Love Elder Gandy

P.S. Here are some pictures. For new years we went to Miyajima again. Normally the Japanese celebrate by going to shrines and having a big dinner with their family. By the way I'm getting better at taking pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment