Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 21, 2013

Dear Family,

Well you might be wondering about what the subject of this e-mail
means. Right now I'm in one of the coldest parts of the mission but I
am being transferred again. I have only been in this area for about
three weeks. The thing is that a missionary got sick and had to return
home. So tomorrow I will head to my new area which is called Nago
which is down in Okinawa. I'm a little sad to leave because it has
been a really fun three weeks. I enjoyed being companions with Elder
Liddle and Elder Yamanashi. They are both funny and just incredible
people.

My new companion is Elder Cox and I met him at the beginning
of my mission and we joked around about being companions one day. So
I'm looking forward to working with him. As for this last week a lot
happened and it was amazing. We had a companion exchange, went to the
temple, I gave a talk in church, we had zone conference, and p-day
with the mission president. It has been an enjoyable week and I
learned so much. I spent all week studying and preparing my talk which
was on being thankful for all blessings. I focused my talk on how one
of the biggest blessings is testimony. It turned out alright. I felt a
little more nervous then usual.

I felt like I really got to know who Pres. Gustafson really is. I had a chance to do a practice lesson
with him and I learned so much and I know that he really wants to help
us out. President is also really funny and definitely likes to have
fun. Well I'm running out of time but I know that Heavenly Father is
definitely leading this work. He knows where we need to be and who we
need to meet. I'm so grateful to be a missionary doing what Heavenly
Father wants me to do. I love you all very much and appreciate all of
your prayers.

Love, Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment