Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, January 28, 2013

January 27, 2013

Dear Family,

Hey well everything has been going great this last week. To start off my p-day is still as usual on Monday. The last couple of weeks were just kind of interesting because we couldn't use the computers in our area. I did get the package that you sent. Thanks those were just a few things that I wanted.

My companion Elder Cox is from Hurricane, Utah and he is actually nearing the end of his mission. He only has a couple of months left. Yes this was the first time I gave a real talk. I had said my testimony many times before though. That time they actually asked me to prepare a ten minute talk. Most of the wards I have been in are pretty big so usually just the members speak. The ward where I am now is kind of small and I hear that missionaries give talks here more often.

The weather here is really nice and as the subject says the cherry blossoms are just blooming. So we will be going to see those today. Another thing that is interesting is one of my zone leaders, Elder Kurose, is from Hokkaido and he said that he went on splits with an Elder Gandy before. So I'm pretty sure he met Daniel. He said he was from Asahikawa, I think. I'm not positive though. Well my new area is amazing and we saw a lot of miracles in the past few days. The people here are super nice and I'm looking forward to working here.

Well we have some more things that we need to do today. I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment