Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Dear Family,

It sounds like everyone is having a great time and that Halloween was fun. This week we had another Halloween party but in a different area. Its because I teach the english class over there. It was really fun I had a make shift costume as Santa Clause and my companion was John Lennon. We found parts of our costumes at the church. They really don't celebrate Halloween here in Japan but it is great way to help investigators come to a church activity and to build better relationships with the ward.

Thanks for all of your insight I really appreciate it. Time has just been flying by. I can't believe Hunter is turning 4 wish her a happy birthday for me.

This week has been great we did a lot of work. We had an exchange and we also found a couple more investigators. We also met one of our investigators who is from the Phillipines and her soon to be husband who is American. It was interesting talking with them and sharing points of the gospel in english. That is something I'm not used to but it felt very natural.

We also had a specialized training a couple days ago. It was really good. We talked a lot about new programs and other things they are doing. It was great and now I just want to apply the things I learned. I feel within this transfer I have really improved in many ways. It takes a lot of work but it really pays off. Even when it feels like you are going nowhere success is just right around the corner. Patience has really been something I've learned on the mission. Not only do we need to be patient with others but we need to be patient with ourselves. We also need to continually exercise our faith by doing what is right. As we continually nourish the seed of faith it will grow but once we stop our progression stops as well. Then we all know what happens to a plant when it doesn't get the right nourishment. This has been what I'm trying to work on continually exercising my faith. It takes a lot of effort but as we strive to become more Christlike we will receive the help that is needed.

I love being a missionary and learning more about this gospel. I want to continue to serve people throughout my life. Thank you all for your prayers of support. I love you all very much.

Love Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment