Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dear Family,

Well it has been another great week. It sounded like quite the Thanksgiving. No I didn't have turkey this year but we went out to eat at this restaurant and I ordered the biggest size you could get which actually isn't on the real menu. It was mainly just a lot of rice, meat, and onions. We also had dinner with some of the members this week where we had a ton of sushi. So I had plenty of food and I guess a good Japanese Thanksgiving. I think you would also be glad to hear that I'm probably now the least pickiest eater. I really eat just about anything and honestly enjoy it. I've learned to love so many different types of food that I just wouldn't eat before the mission.

This last week we had transfers and my new companion is Elder Iino. He reminds me a lot of Daniel so it has been really fun working with him these past few days. We have been working really hard and I always feel great after a day of hard work. It is very different having a Japanese companion but great. I do feel like I'm understanding the culture more and more. I think when I understand the people here it will be easier to teach them. I feel even though I don't understand everything that is being said I am learning so much from them.

This week we also had an investigator come to church. She is progressing very well and we have a baptismal date set. Hopefully everything continues to go well. Being a missionary is a lot of work but it is a great feeling going out and talking to people and being able to bear testimony to them. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have and I'm looking forward to making the most of it. I love you all very much and pray for you everyday.

Love Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment