Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 19, 2012

Dear Family,

Wow it sounds like so much is going on back home. That is so amazing about everyone else and their mission calls. I'm always very excited when I here about where people will be going.

Well it has been another great week with a lot of different things that happened. To start off I don't think we have any plans or activities for Thanksgiving. I'll just have to eat a lot and imagine Grandma's gravy on whatever I'm eating. I think that should satisfy my needs.

Anyways this last week was really good. For p-day we went to Miyajima which is considered as one of Japan's top 3 prettiest places. It was a great place that had a lot of foreigners which you don't really see all that much. There is so much to see there that it would take a few days but it was still fun going for just a couple of hours.

This last week we also had a couple of exchanges where I had the chance to work with my district leader and the assistants to the president. It was great fun and we experienced a lot of miracles. We did a lot of contacting and focused on finding. We met a bunch of people and taught several lessons. We also had an investigator come to church on Sunday. We have a baptismal date set with her and hope that she can come to the knowledge of the truthfulness of our message.

It has been interesting right now most of our investigators have come from knocking on doors. You can really tell who is being prepared. We have another investigator from China who is really interested and shows a great desire to learn more. I know that in this great work I can do nothing except when the Lord is with me. For if we have faith in Him we can accomplish all things. I have learned so much and I'm grateful to be serving at this time. I'm thankful for all of the many blessings I have received.

Well before I finish we just got the exciting news of transfer calls. I will be staying in Takasu but I will have a different companion. My new companion is actually Elder Ichikawa's trainer, Elder Iino. So I will have another Japanese companion. Well at least I know my language skills will continue to improve. I'm excited to be speaking Japanese again for another transfer. Well I love you all very much and am grateful for all of your support.

Love Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment