Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 11, 2012

Dear Family,

Well it sounds like everything is going well even with all of the snow. It is pretty cold where I'm at also but there is no snow to show for it. If I'm lucky I may see snow this winter. If not at least I don't have to worry about getting wet.

Things this last week have gone really well. My japanese has been improving a lot. I'm almost done with the lesson mastery project I have been working on. I can almost teach every single lesson in understandable japanese. It has been a lot of fun. This last week we have been working with some great investigators who really seem to be progressing and having a greater desire to learn more. We have also done some finding this week just like we do every week. This week I felt like we were really successful in sharing the gospel.

My testimony has grown so much since the beginning of my mission. This is the Lord's work and it is amazing as I'm sure all of you already know. This gospel brings happiness into the lives of many. I'm extremely grateful for all that it has done in my life. We are all children of our Father in Heaven. My skills as a missionary are improving as I rely on His loving guidance. I want to do my best to be a disciple of Christ at all times. Even though we go through hard times it is after the trials of our faith that we receive a witness(Ether 12:6). I know this to be true and I hope that at all times we may exercise our faith in Him. Even as a missionary there are times where I have felt weak and seen them but through His help I have been lifted up and made strong. This is what I want to remember that we can do all things through our faith in Jesus Christ.

I love you all so much and honestly am grateful for each and everyone of you and the examples you have been to me.

Love Elder Joseph Gandy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joseph,
    I am sorry this is my first time on your blog and you have almost been out a year...ugh! I meant to tell you myself about Courtney getting married on Oct. 5th to Koy Pruitt a great guy she met down in St. George at Dixie State College.Sorry it ended up being your Mom that passed on that good news...I will try and do better than my track record of the past. We have a Christmas card and letters in the mail to you so watch for that. We pray for you and have thought of you often. I know it doesn't show much due to my lack of writing and commenting on your blog but we really do. I agree that our Heavenly Father does strenghten us in our every day activities and in our times of trial. I am sure you have been an asset to your mission and the work of spreading the gospel. I have no doubt He has used you as an instrument for good in Japan. I appreciate the reminder to keep striving to be a disciple...that makes all the difference in our happiness level. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas! We just got more snow today. (12-15-12) I hope it stays...we just gotta have a White Christmas! Love and snowflakes, Aunt Laura xoxo

    ReplyDelete