Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dear Family

Thanks for all of the news. It sounds like everything is going really well. To start off last week for p-day I went to the park and museum for where the atomic bomb was dropped. I thought that you would really like me to go to that. It is actually on the edge of my area and another area. It was really interesting. The park there is really nice and has a lot of monuments. The museum was a real eye opener. I was amazed at everything that happened. It really destroyed so much and it is kind of interesting to think that my area used to be a bunch of rubble. After the bombing there were only a few buildings left standing. Well that is a little bit of history about my area I guess.

This week has been really good. We have actually been working with members a lot this week. I have been practicing teaching them the missionary lessons. It has really helped my Japanese improve and we are developing good friendships with the members. Other than that we had our ward Halloween party a couple of days ago and that was really fun. There were some great costumes. One of the best though was this guy dressed like Indiana Jones and he actually looks very similar but Japanese. It was great fun with some great activities. I even got a little bit of candy.

The work has been going well but there is always more that I can improve on. I'm thankful for all the hope that this gospel has given me. I have learned a lot about how we should help Heavenly Father's children and the blessings that come from it. I'm looking forward to this next week and hope that everything keeps going well. I love you all very much.

Love Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment