Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Dear Family,

So to start off the typhoon wasn't that exciting. We got the edge of it and it just seemed like a normal rain storm. Maybe another one will come. It still is that time of year.

That is so great to hear about everyone and their missions. I'm glad you told me. I thought I was never going to find out. Do you know when all of them leave? Keep me up to date on other people when they get theirs ください.

This week just seems like it is full of birthdays. We have some investigators and members whose birthday's are coming up. Also Katie's birthday is today and Ferrin's is on Saturday so if you will wish them a Happy Birthday from me that would be awesome.

So last p-day we went to Kumamoto because we had zone conference the next day. We actually went to the castle there it was pretty cool. It was very different from the castles in Europe we saw last summer. Then it was our last zone conference with Pres. Margetts. It was an amazing meeting but it is sad to see him leave. I really could feel how much love he had for all of the missionaries. This week he goes home and then the new mission president comes in. His name is Pres. Gustafson.

It has been a very busy transfer. Yesterday we had a special stake conference that was for all of Japan. Elder Oaks and Pres. Uchtdorf came and gave talks. It was so good. They talked a lot about just being a friend and loving everyone around you. It is so easy to love people who are already friends so that is probably a good place to start. Making friends is so important because it helps so many people. Everyone needs a friend.

One thing I love about the mission is study time in the morning. It is so great getting up every morning and learning. It really sets up the entire day for me. Recently the topic we have seemed to be learning about a lot is trials. Our zone received this little notebook with a picture of Christ on the front and underneath it said "I know what I want you to be." We had a lesson about how we go through certain trials to help us become better. I started thinking about that and wondered who does Christ want me to be. So I wrote down on a piece of paper who am I and who can I become? After this I pulled out my patriarchal blessing and studied it. Now I have a better understanding of who I am and what I need to do. We have received some of the most amazing blessings from our Heavenly Father that I'm so grateful for. I love you all so much and am blessed to have you all in my life. I keep praying for you everyday and hope everything turns out fine.

Love, Elder Gandy

P.S. I created a profile on mormon.org you should check it out. I found Bryce's and we actually use that site for missionary work so we showed it to an investigator. We were asked to make one and tell all our family and friends to make one also. Its actually pretty cool so you should all do it. Hint an easy way to find me is to search Fukuoka.

P.P.S. Since there have been so many birthdays would it be possible if you could send me a calender and have family and friends birthdays on it. I don't think I can remember everyones birthday.

P.P.P.S. I'm sorry that I'm asking for kind of a lot but apparently its a big thing here to show people pictures of family and friends back home and some of things you did. So if you could send some more pictures that would be awesome if not its fine.

P.P.P.P.S. By the way I'm extremely grateful for all that you have done for me. Especially all of the small things I've taken for granted like all of the small cleaning and just everything else. That is another thing I've learned about since living in an apartment with 19 and 20 year old guys. Thank You for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment