Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dear Family,

It's so exciting to hear about everything that's going on. I can't wait to hear where everyone's going on their missions. I also want to hear when they are leaving to see if any of them have to wait as long as me. I'm so excited for them. Being a missionary is the best.

June in Japan has been pretty good. It's hot. The rain season has apparently already started but we don't really get it that much where I'm at. There are some of the biggest and strangest bugs all over the place though. Oh and the bees and spiders here are huge. Apparently there are a lot of cockroaches too but I haven't seen any yet.

This last week has been really good though. So we had transfers and me and my companion are still in Oita. Its great I love it here. The ward members are amazing. But the exciting news is that they made my area into a four man because of how big it is. So now we have Elder Peterson and Elder Tipton with us. They are both older missionaries getting close to the end of their missions. We had to spend a lot of time at the beginning of the week trying to find more room in our apartment for two more missionaries. We got it to work even though its a little tight. The work here is just going fantastic. We are being so blessed everything is exploding here in Oita. Yesterday we had one of our students from english class come to church. It was actually really surprising. It was awesome because we might be able to start teaching him now. It is great seeing all of the people that are being prepared to hear and receive the gospel.

I've learned so many different things this week. One thing I learned this week was when we recognize and notice the blessings and influence that Heavenly Father has in our lives how it can strengthen our testimonies about his love for all of his children. I love everything that we do. I love all of you and pray for each of you.

Love Elder Gandy
ギャンディ 長老

p.s. I haven't heard where anyone is going on their missions yet. But if they're sending a letter I can wait a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment