Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear Family,

So this last week has really been a lot of fun. For p-day we went to this awesome park that had an obstacle course and a pirate ship. In Oita there are a lot of pirate ship styled parks I'm not exactly sure why but its cool. I also got a haircut from Elder Peterson its a little short but that's alright because it was free. Another thing we got to do this week was play Ultimate Frisbee! We have an investigator who plays frisbee in college and he invited us to come play with him and his team. It was great. I feel like its been a long time since playing a game. I hope everyone is still doing frisbee thursdays back home.

One of great/funny experiences of this week was we started teaching a recent convert's mom. We decided to call him and see how everything was going and he said he wanted to share the gospel with his mom but didn't know how. So he invited us over and we got to teach her. It was a good lesson afterwards they took us to one of those places where they have the sushi coming around on conveyor belts. Its funny I'm beginning to like most sushi and I enjoy eating nato. Anyways while we were there the mom basically told me that I was good looking and wanted me to date one of her granddaughters. That entire time I had no idea what she was saying but apparently she kept giving me compliments. It was really funny because we didn't know how to respond and then she just kept going and going. I think they are probably some of the funniest people I've met so far.

So yesterday we had church and I got to bless the sacrament in Japanese for the first time. It was great (and yes I only had to do it once). I always enjoy participating in the sacrament. It is such an important thing that we get to do every single week. I like being given a little bit of time to really sit and think about all of the different things the Atonement means to me. It was also Father's Day so there was a primary program. After all the kids sang they went and handed cards they made to their dad's. Then some of them made and gave cards to us. It is amazing to think about how much we mean to all of the kids here. They really think of us as superheroes. I just want to try my best and to be that superhero that the children think we are.

Things are going so well and it really is so much fun. Well right now we are headed off to Kumamoto for a zone p-day and then zone conference tomorrow. So that's really exciting. I love you all very much and keep you in my prayers.

Love, Elder Gandy
ギャンディ 長老

p.s. I think Joshua would be interested in hearing that a typhoon or hurricane is coming right towards us. So this will be a first for me and apparently it is supposed to be pretty big so that is exciting I guess. I'll let you know how it goes in my e-mail next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment