Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 23, 2013

Dear Family,

I forgot to let you know that this week would be transfers so that is why this e-mail is a day late. Nothing is changing though. Elder Low and I will still be working together. I'll actually be going and getting glasses tomorrow so I'll take a picture and send it to you next week.

Well lets see if I can answer some of your questions. The daily schedule of a missionary changes depending on the area. But we always start the day with a few hours of study in the morning. Then if you have any appointments you go and teach them if not you might go visit people that you haven't been able to contact in a while or you find.

As far as food goes we get a lot of food from members on Sunday but we don't eat with them to often. Usually we make our own food which consists of some kind of noodles or something on top of or with rice. To clean up one exploded egg took about 5 minutes.

This last week has been great I had one experience that I would like to share. While we were finding we met this man on the street and started talking about religion. He was Buddhist but said that all religions seem pretty similiar. So he told us about some of his beliefs and then we noticed that one of the big differences that we believe in is revelation. So we testified to him that we really can receive a witness which comes from heaven. I went to share something from the Book of Mormon with him and then I had this thought to read a different part. So I did and after following that impression was when the spirit really came into our conversation. When we first contacted that man he wasn't really interested in talking about religion and it looked like he was going to run away when he first saw us. By the end of our conversation I felt like he wanted to know if we can receive revelation. That experience has strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father knows each one of His children and their specific needs. I hope that I'll be able to keep trusting in the Lord as I help in this great work.

I love you all so very much and am extremely grateful for your prayers.

Love Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment