Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

April 1, 2013

Dear Family,

It sounds like you are having a great time up in Sapporo. If you ever run into Elder Hutchinson tell him I say hi. This last week has been pretty good. We have been talking to everyone we see and trying to share the gospel with them. It has been a lot of fun. We did have some cool experiences as well. A couple days ago we got a call from a member who we actually home teach asking for a blessing. When we got there she didn't look well at all and was super sick. She was worried that she wouldn't be able to come to church. So we gave her a blessing and kept praying for her to get better. Yesterday at church she came and was feeling so much better. It was a great seeing her there and being able to partake of the sacrament. That experience really helped me know more about the power of prayer.

I'm extremely grateful for all of your prayers they really do strengthen and support me. Yesterday I also was assigned to give a talk in church on agency. I felt like as I started I was super nervous but then the words just seemed to flow. So I think it went pretty well even though I couldn't feel my legs after I finished. Well I hope you enjoy your time in Sapporo and that everything continues to go well at home. I love you all very much.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

P.S. There are a couple of other things. I couldn't find a good place to get glasses. I was also wondering if maybe you could find out some of my friends mission addresses. Right now I only know Bradens.
P.P.S. Apparently there was a tornado warning here the other day as well. Which is weird but nothing happened as far as I know just a warning.

Note from Gayleen: If any of Joseph's friends or their parents are reading this and want to get in touch with me to give me the addresses he has requested, I will send them to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment