Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dear Family

Everything has been going super well. I have now been in Japan for a little over a month. Time is so crazy it seems to be going really fast. So much has happened in just this last week. Zone conference was amazing I learned so much.We have about 18 missionaries in our zone but it covers about the second biggest areas in the mission. It was funny we had 14 Elders all stay in just a four man apartment. Some even had to sleep on the balcony it was so crowded. We also did some exchanges this week also. I actually went with a Japanese Elder for a half hour or so to do some streeting. He knew a little bit of English but it was amazing at well we could actually communicate. Then Zone leaders came over for a day and it was amazing. We had set some pretty good goals. Halfway through the day we completed almost all of our goals. We met so many different people who really seem like they have been prepared to receive the gospel. Being a missionary is so great. I feel so blessed for all of the opportunities we have to tell people about the church. I'm so grateful for all of the time we have for study also. I learn so many different things every week. How you study in the morning really kind of sets up the day for you. Countless times throughout the day I'll be reminded of what I studied that morning. Recently I've learned more about the power of prayer. Through prayer we can do so many things like receive revelation, guidance, and physical/spiritual strength. We seem to be praying for everything. Something I learned in seminary was to always have a prayer in your heart. Now I finally understand what it truly means to have a prayer in your heart. It honestly seems like I'm praying every minute. I'm so very grateful for all the prayers that are being said for me. Thank you all. I pray that all continues to go well. I love all of you so much.

Love Elder Gandy
ギャンディ 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment