Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 23, 2012

Dear Family,

It sounds like everything is going great. I like reading about what is going on at home. Well that's nice to have a little bit more money that I wasn't expecting. So I have some exciting news to start off. I get to go on a field trip next week because I'm singing in General Conference with the MTC choir! I think we're singing at the Saturday afternoon session but I'm not sure. So maybe you might see me on TV.

This last week has been really great. On Sunday we watched a talk that Elder Bednar gave about the character of Christ and how we should all strive to follow his example. Christ never looked inward on himself. He always focused outward on helping others. After watching that talk it helped me really want to become better at helping my fellowmen. I remember when I first got here and how I looked at people. But now I want to look at everyone and say to myself, "They are a child of God. He loves them more than I know. What would he want me to do to help them?" I hope that in two years time I'll come back and look at everyone that way.

This week we also had Elder Oaks come talk to us for a devotional. He talked about the importance of the sacrament and renewing our covenants. He also stressed the importance of the spirit and how we should always keep it with us. The spirit is one of the strongest tools in conversion. Another thing I learned this week is that conversion is a continual thing. It is something we should always try to progress in. There is a promise in the Book of Mormon that, when we are truly and fully converted, then we'll never fall away. Our conversion will be strengthened as we obey his commandments and do his will. We need to exercise and act on our faith because faith without works is dead. I hope all continues to go well at home. I'll continue to pray for you all. I love you all so much.

Love,
Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment