Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 3, 2012

Dear Family,

Things have been going great here. I love being a missionary. Sunday is one of the best days. It was so much more relaxing than the other days. It has been a lot of fun with my district. I've also learned so much. Oh, and I ran into Daniel's trainer, Todd Kyodai [Brother Todd] the other day just to let you know.

While I was studying I was looking at Preach My Gospel under "Your Purpose" and then I decided to change it to "Our Purpose." I realized that this is our purpose as members to invite people to come unto Christ. It's also God's purpose. He wants everyone to come unto Christ and he will help us teach and invite people. Elder Holland also came and talked to us on Tuesday. He told us that we share the same title and we are lower case "a" apostles. Apostle = Missionary - a witness sent to declare the message. If we go forth doing everything by the "manner of the workings of the spirit" (Moroni 6:9) lives will be changed including our own life.

Love,
Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment