Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 9, 2012

Dear Family,

Everything here is going amazing. Thanks for the packages. It's exactly what I wanted. That just shows how well you know me. Everyone here is so great. My companion, Elder Barrus, is from Missouri and he took a year of Japanese but that was five years ago so he didn't remember very much.

So the people we are teaching are actually our teachers but they didn't let us know that for awhile. The Japanese is hard but it felt like just the other day something clicked and I understand it so much more now. I always am learning so much through personal study, class, firesides, and devotionals. On Sunday Alex Boye came and talked to us and he is actually really funny. He told us about his conversion and how important missionary work is. We will also be remembered by the people who we help bring unto Christ. Elder David F. Evans also came and talked to us at a devotional and he went to Japan on his mission. He talked about enduring to the end no matter what. We also learned that the Book of Mormon really is a keystone to conversion. Right now I'm working on being diligent. Through studying I've read a lot about faith and diligence and the blessings that come through that. Elder Barrus and I also gave a district lesson on Sunday. It went super well. We taught about the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is the third lesson of Preach My Gospel if you want to look at it.

Another thing that happened this week was I was bearing my testimony to some of the Elders in my district about the plan of salvation and shared with them the story of Dad's passing away. The next day one of the Elders received a letter that one of his friends passed away. It's amazing how God puts you in places to help others and that there is a purpose for it all. I'm so thankful for all the opportunities I've been given. We are so blessed to be part of this church. Even though we are all different and have different talents and gifts, we're all on the same team. I love being in the service of our Lord. I love you all so very much.

Ai shitaimasu,
Gandy Choro

P.S. I was also wondering if Daniel isn't too busy with school if he would send me a small letter in hiragana to help me practice reading and translating Japanese every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment