Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

June 30, 2013

Dear Family,

It`s so awesome that Joshua is now a missionary. I`m going to be
looking forward and hearing about the great experiences he will have
in the next two years.

The other day I just finished with my second
journal and did a little bit of reflecting on the things that have
happened during my mission so far. It has been an amazing experience
and I really love being a part of this great work. Heavenly Father has
blessed me in so many ways. There is still a lot for me to learn and
do. I`m just going to make sure that I live each day to its fullest.

We have been keeping up with doing service here. In fact today we will
be helping a member move. However I think the best part of this week
so far is the broadcast we saw about missionary work. It talked a lot
about member missionary work. Another thing that I learned is the best
way to do missionary work is out of love. As we love the people around
us we will desire that they might come to learn about the gospel. If
we share this wonderful message out of love the Spirit will be able to
testify to them that this message is true.

I have been thinking about
how I can love the people around me that I have never met before. Here
are a couple of ideas that I had that I believe will help me learn to
love everyone I meet:
1. Remember that they are a child of God and that He loves them just
as He loves me.
2. Remember the times that I felt the love of God in my life and how
others can feel it as well.
3. Think about the other people that love them and desire their
happiness(specifically ancestors who are waiting for them to receive
the gospel).
4. Remember the love that I have for my family and how that love and
happiness can continue throughout eternity.

As others receive the gospel they come closer to our Heavenly Father.
Through this gospel and Jesus Christ`s Atonement we can return and
live with our Heavenly Father again. I know that this is the work of
salvation and can eternally bless the lives of the people around us.
I`m so grateful for all of you and the examples you have showed me.
Thanks for all of your prayers. I love you all so very much and pray
for you always.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment