Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Friday, June 28, 2013

June 16, 2013

Dear Family,

I was super excited to hear about Gracie and will be excited
to see her as well. Things are going really fast soon he will
be in the MTC. You should send me his
missionary e-mail address so I can write him if I have some time.

Everything has been going really well here this week. We have done a
lot of finding and found a great amount of new investigators. We have
been working hard with all of our investigators to help them progress
and grow in faith. We have also been working with a good amount of
less active members. Most of them want to come to church but are busy with
work. Some are older ladies that just don`t have a way of coming but
we usually take the sacrament to them every week.

We have been super busy and keep trying to do our best.
The work just keeps progressing
and I`m so grateful that I can be a part of it at this time. The other
day in church we were reading some of the teachings of Pres. Lorenzo
Snow. We talked about obeying God`s will. In the chapter we read it
makes a reference to missionaries about how they are nervous and feel
inadequate sometimes. However Heavenly Father gives them power to
succeed in His work. I remember writing in my journal when I was in
the MTC wondering how can I become a successful missionary and how can
I learn Japanese. I definately felt inadequate in my skills but I felt
comforted in knowing that the Lord has called me to do His work. I
knew that he would not send me out to fail. I have definitely received
power while doing this great work. Success can be measured in many
different ways but I know that as we obey the will of Heavenly Father
that we will be successful in the way he intends for us individually.
These were just some of my thoughts that I wanted to share this week.

I love you all very much and pray for you all everyday.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment