Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dear Family,

So yes I forgot to tell you about the flooding. Most of the rain came at night actually. I didn't even know it was a big thing going on until we got a call from our zone leaders. Some places were pretty bad it sounded like but everything seemed fine except the river level was higher and brown because of mudslides. The funny thing is a few weeks back we went and bought me some good rain gear. After getting it I was super excited to use it because of all the rain. After buying it though everytime we went outside or I put it on the rain just stopped and the times I forgot it at the apartment it has rained. So I really haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Yeah it has been pretty cool meeting some return missionaries from Sapporo who know Daniel. Its been really fun.

So this last week we had transfer calls and the big news is that Elder Everett and I are staying in Oita again for another transfer. So this means that I'm most likely going be living in Oita for half a year. Its actually really exciting because I love this ward so much. There are so many great people. We also have some amazing investigators who seem to be getting pretty close to baptism. Things have been going really well.

This last week we got to do a couple of exchanges and I got to go to Beppu which used to be part of my area when I first got here. Now we're seeing if we can make a branch over there. So it has been exciting. Then yesterday at church a Nigerian guy and Chinese lady came. It was interesting hearing a little bit about their religious understanding from them. The work has been going super well. I'm grateful for all of your prayers. Everything has been going really well here. I love you all and am praying for all of you also.

Love Elder Gandy
ギャンディ 長老

P.S. Here are some pictures!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment