Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 13, 2012

Dear Family,

It sounds like everything is going well back home. So a lot has happened this week. Easter Sunday was amazing. We had a special sacrament meeting with the entire MTC and President Packer was presiding. He and his son talked to us about the Savior and His resurrection. President Packer also talked to us about how we should always look up to our Father in Heaven especially for guidance. We also had a devotional on Tuesday by Bro. McMullin who just got released from the presiding bishopric. He talked a lot about the power of the spirit. Another thing I learned from his talk was that Heavenly Father has been preparing his children long before to receive the gospel. We can be tools in his hands to bring to pass this great work.

I also got the chance to be a host on Wednesday and help a new missionary around on his first day. It was great to help him out and encourage him. But the most exciting thing that happened was that I got my travel plans yesterday. So I leave early on the 23rd, fly to Seattle then to Tokyo and then to Fukuoka. I will be arriving in Fukuoko late at night on the 24th. So I will have lots of travel time. This also means that I only have one more letter to send from the MTC which means this week is the last time I can receive letters in the MTC.

The MTC has been a great experience and I love it here. I've learned so much and felt the spirit so strongly. Time has really just flown by and I'm so excited to go to Japan and to preach the word to the people there. I hope that I may be able to follow the spirit and find the people that have been prepared by God. I'm so excited to go forth and serve my fellowman with all my might. I love you all and keep you in my prayers.

Love,
Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment