Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, December 10, 2012

December 9, 2012

Dear Family,

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. Especially because this last week it snowed a couple of times. Unfortunately none of it stayed for very long but it was exciting to see for a brief while.

Well this last week has been another great one. We got to meet with most of our investigators and taught them. They are all really great people and hopefully we can help them learn more about this gospel and how it can bless everyone's life. We have been seeing a lot of success and progress in this last week. We have been applying the things we've learned from our training that we had recently and it seems to be working great.

We also had the chance to visit with some members. It has been a lot of fun. In fact we had kind of a funny experience just the other day. While we were housing we knocked on a door and much to our surprise a member opened the door. We had no idea that the member lived there but we ended up having a nice visit.

Even though the Christmas season is cold outside there is still always a great atmosphere. Especially as a missionary when we focus on our purpose on inviting people to come unto Christ. We also went to a Christmas party that another ward had with one of our investigators. The party was a lot of fun and it helped me get into the Christmas spirit. I got to be Santa's elf and help hand out presents to people.

Well sorry this e-mail is a little bit shorter but I'm looking forward to another week. I love you all very much and pray for you everyday.

Love Elder Gandy

P.S. We will be able to use skype where I am. I think the call will take place 10:00 am the 26th here and about 6:00 pm Christmas day there. I think that is the correct time difference. We have skype on the computers here but I'm not sure exactly how to use it because I have never done it before. I'll figure it out though. I hope that time works for everyone if not we can change if needed. I would like the call to just be family.

P.P.S. I know this is a little early but I thought of a couple items that I will need but you can send them for my birthday if you like. Its mainly toothpaste and deodorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment