Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 17, 2012

Dear Family,

I love hearing the news about everything that is going on. I'm glad to hear that everyone is having a good time. It really just makes me smile which is good because that is what Gandy family is known for their smiles. Which reminds of something I heard the other day from a member. The other day a member told me that I had healing smile.
Now I have no idea what that means but it sounds like a good thing.

This last week has been a super busy one. As a mission we decided that as a gift to Christ we were going to share His message with as many people as possible. So we really went to work and saw many miracles talking to just about everyone we saw. With His help we were able to share the message to many of Heavenly Father's children. As we were doing this I really was thinking if we could give a gift to Christ what would it be, what does He want? The answer I came up with to this question is that Christ loves all of us and desires our happiness and salvation. So in order to give that gift to him we share our message with those people that we meet. When people accept what we teach them they are taking one step closer to Christ. Which happens to be our purpose as missionaries in inviting others to come unto Christ. I love the Christmas season because of the spirit of giving and helping one another.

This week one of the great experiences we had was kind of unexpected. We headed to an appointment just to find out that our investigator wasn't home yet. So we decided to wait at a nearby park. While we were there we met a very nice homeless man who was traveling south probably to make it to somewhere warmer. We shared our message with him and wished him the best of luck on his journey. Before we left Elder Iino gave the man his earmuffs. Even though it was just a simple act of kindness it made all the difference. Not only did the man feel happier but we did also. This is just one of the many blessings we receive by obeying the great commandment to love your neighbor as thyself. Now I don't have much I can give but the thing that brings me the most happiness my testimony that Christ lives and through him we can obtain eternal happiness. This gift I hope to share to as many as possible. I love you all and pray that you have best Christmas season ever.

Love Elder Joseph Gandy



No comments:

Post a Comment