Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Monday, September 10, 2012

Dear Family,

Wow this week has flown by. We have been working really hard this last week. We did a really good job at sharing the gospel with everyone. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find any new investigators yet.

It has been really busy because I have been teaching Elder Allen the area and we are also working in another area on top of that. Its alright though because this last week we got help from the zone leaders. It was fun working with them. I also had the chance to work with a bean for a little bit who was in the MTC with Braden. He told me that his Japanese was super good. No doubt it is most likely better than mine. He was always really good.

When I was streeting with the bean everyone that I contacted wouldn't listen. So I told him that he should do the next contact. I don't know what it is but new missionaries have this special power to make people listen to them. Trust me I remember and now I miss those times. Anyways he could only get so far since he had only been in Japan for a week. So I helped him and we taught a lesson. It might of not been a very good lesson especially because my Japanese isn't that good but hey miracles happen.

Another awesome thing that happened this week was I got to go to sacrament meeting in Beppu. It was only the third time they have had the meeting there. It was held in a member's front room. It was funny because I never thought I would go to a sacrament meeting not wearing shoes. But now they are going to be having it over there every week. Its cool to see the church just grow. The hope is someday that where I'm working right now will become its own stake. I really do enjoy the work and want to keep working hard. I love you all so very much.

Love Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment