Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Dear Family,

To start off so there was a big typhoon that hit a lot of the mission. A lot of missionaries were stuck in their apartments but everyone is fine. We were on the edge of it and we didn't even notice because it passed us while we were sleeping. So I still haven't experienced one yet.

So Elder Peterson's new companion came. His name is Elder Harvey and he said he grew up in the Westchester ward for a little bit. He is wondering if you know Gordon or Lou Bailey because they are his grandparents. So that would be kind of funny and interesting.

Well this last week has been a good week. We got asked by one of our investigators if we would go help her out with a singing workshop at a high school. So we went and sang amazing grace with her. It was an interesting experience to say the least. This lady has been an investigator for the last twelve years but she seems like a member. She just hasn't received baptism yet. So we are trying to help her get to that point. We also have another investigator who came to church yesterday. We set a baptismal date with her and she seems to be progressing pretty well.

We had a really good week. My Japanese study has been improving and I've been working on doing lesson mastery's. We basically teach the lessons one by one until we can pass them off. So that has been helping a lot recently. I definately feel more comfortable in teaching lessons now. I also decided my motto for this transfer is "Leave No Stone Unturned." Elder Allen has been a great example of just talking to everyone. Up to now I have been kind of nervous because I don't have the best Japanese. But now I'm ready to just go go go. My desire to serve our Heavenly Father's children grows everyday. It has been an amazing transfer so far. We are working with less actives and members a lot. It has been a lot of fun we have been making cookies also for people. I love doing service and all the different ways we can do it. I love you all and pray for you everyday.

Love Elder Gandy

No comments:

Post a Comment