Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October 14, 2013

Dear Family,

Well there were no changes in transfers. So Elder Jameson and I can keep pressing forward here. We finally got to see general conference the other day which was just amazing. I love general conference and always leave with a determination to become a better member/missionary. There is always so much to learn but learning is something that I have really come to enjoy. 

I guess the big news of last week was really general conference and transfers. Our progressing investigator went up to another island but attended the first session of conference and said it was wonderful. We are pretty sure that she will be ready to receive baptism in the upcoming week. She seems like a perfect member already so I`m sure that she would be a big strength to the branch. We are super excited to keep working with her.

Right now we are hoping that we can find some more people who are being prepared as well. Oh your story about the dogs reminded me of a experience that Elder Jameson and I have almost every week. One of our investigator's apartment building has a dog that always seems to chase Elder Jameson while he rides his bike. The dog does not pay attention to me, just Elder Jameson. The other set of missionaries here call me the dog master and Elder Jameson the cat master. So that is something just kind of random and fun. Anyways I love you all so much and am grateful for all of your prayers and support.

Love, Elder Joseph Gandy

P.S. Here is a picture when we went fishing with a recently reactived member and me eating that fish and some sugar cane.




No comments:

Post a Comment