Welcome to Elder Joseph Gandy's Mission Blog. You will find Joseph's letters and other pertinent information about him and his work in the Japan Fukuoka Mission.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dear Family,

Everything has been going super well. I'm sending this e-mail early because we came up to early morning seminary. This year they are studying the bible which is extremely hard to understand in Japanese.

This past week we had apartment cleaning checks. We got a celestial rating so that lets you know how nice our apartment really is. I thought I would let you know because you would probably never believe me.

It has been a lot of fun this week. We did a lot of finding this week whether it was looking for less actives making sure they still live there or just for some more new investigators. We met a lot of really nice people and have a couple people to go back and visit. So for the last couple of weeks every Sunday they have talked about missionary work. We are really trying to get the members more involved. It is so important that the investigators we have become friends with the ward because missionaries come and go but the members are still there. Every member a missionary でしょう!! Member work is great amazing things can happen when the ward gets excited to do the work also.

We also had a great District meeting this week. We got with our companion and decided on a transfer theme. So our theme is based on the scripture Alma 32:41 "Feed the Tree of...." So this transfer is basically going to be focused on growth or improvement. Everyday we will be working on improving a skill or gaining more knowledge about a gospel principle or doctrine. I was also asked to give a spiritual thought for our meeting. Earlier before then I was studying about how to make prayer more meaningful. We really have to mean what we say. The beginning of a prayer is important we address our Heavenly Father and really need to believe that we are talking to him. Some of the best experiences in my life have come from saying a prayer or even during a prayer when I feel the love Heavenly Father has for me. So my challenge to everyone was to find a time to say a personal prayer out loud. I find for me when I make a prayer vocal it becomes more focused and meaningful. But since being on the mission your with someone all the time so you don't have that chance so much. We decided that we would all do it. It was an amazing experience. Our message is so great I know that Heavenly Father loves all of His children and wants what is best for them. We can all return back into His presence. That eternal happiness waits for us as we strive to develop the Christlike attributes we need. What a marvelous work this really is. My love has grown for all of God's children. I especially love all of you and pray for your success.

Love Elder Joseph Gandy
ギャンディ ジョセフ 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment